Silverlight – REST API – Security Error

Access SharePoint with REST API

Today I tried to access a SharePoint REST API from my Silverlight Web Part and I got a Security Error. I quite quickly got a great article describing all about the clientaccesspolicy.xml, but it was still not working.

Your Solution

Then I tried in my browser to go to http://myurl.mydomain.local/clientaccesspolicy.xml and I found that a previous version was being displayed in my browser. I did an IISReset, but this file didn’t want to be updated. I cleared the browser cache and my file got updated. Quite annoying … browser caching.

One thought on “Silverlight – REST API – Security Error

  1. Browser caching definitely can get pretty annoying. I usually find whenever I’m testing anything SharePoint related I’m always popping it open in a private window/tab. That way caching isn’t persistent between sessions. Though this is also probably because I test lots of authentication related scenarios, so this is a very easy way to keep from having to clear out those pesky cookies all of the time.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 4,911 other subscribers

Recent Posts

Archive

Thank you for visiting SharePains

%d bloggers like this: