Microsoft Flow – Taking ownership of someone else’s flows.

Have you ever noticed that when you have a flow that you are the owner and there is no way for other users to view the flow or modify the flow?

Wouldn’t it be helpful  if you could see everybody else’s flows? Well under Team flows you can. Within Team flows you can see the flows that were shared with you.

But what if, you don’t have permissions to a flow and the person who developed the flow has left your organisation. Most likely you can’t find these flows unless you log in with the accounts used by the other users to create the flows.

There is a better way!

In the flow admin center you can see all the flows created by any of the users

When you click on the flow name you can manage the permissions of the flow or you could enable to disable the flow and even delete the flow..

Please note that you do need admin permissions to be able to get to the above options additionally you will require a P2 license.

9 thoughts on “Microsoft Flow – Taking ownership of someone else’s flows.

1. commented on September 5, 2018 by René

Hi Pieter

I have Targeted Realease E5, and I can’t see the Environments entry in the menu on Flow Admin? Any idea why? I only have the standard environment set up.

• Which Flow license have you got assigned to your account? Also, which permission role did you assign to your account?

• commented on September 5, 2018 by René

Looks like I have Microsoft Flow Free (even if it is an E5). I’m Global Admin on the tenant.

Tried removing the Flow Free, but didn’t work (yet at least – letting it sit until tomorrow)…

• You will need a P2 license too.

2. commented on March 5, 2019 by Piero Negri

hello, I can do this via the portal. However, when I try the powershell cmdlets it does not display all the resources (the flows) and also when I run the “list flows as admin” action in flow. Any idea?

• commented on March 5, 2019 by Pieter Veenstra

I don’t think that the PowerShell commands available let you do this. It seems to be a portal only option.

3. commented on July 8, 2019 by Sandeep

Hi,
    I have a P2 license and “SharePoint Admin” Role. I am able to visit the Flow Admin Center, But could not see the list of Flows created by other users.

What does it mean by “do need admin permissions”

• commented on July 8, 2019 by Pieter Veenstra

Hi Sandeep, Can you have a look at the security Tab in your environment. There is a button Assign security roles. This is whereyou can select the security roles for your account. What are the security roles that you have assigned to your account?

• commented on July 8, 2019 by Sandeep

Thanks for your response Pieter. I am not added to the security roles under an Environment. I will get my account added to the roles and check.