The problem

In IE my search box was working fine I was able to enter search queries without any problems.

When I tried to search in Firefox (and other browsers) I wasn’t abel to access the search box.

The solution

Recently I added google analytics to the bottom of the masterpage (this is a small javascript).

The following two lines have to be at the bottom of the master page. If other javascripts or anything else follows these two lines then the javascripts used by the search box aren’t generated.

<asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID=”PlaceHolderUtilityContent” runat=”server” />
<SharePoint:WarnOnUnsupportedBrowsers runat=”server” />

Avatar for Pieter Veenstra

By Pieter Veenstra

Business Applications and Office Apps & Services Microsoft MVP working as a Microsoft Productivity Principal Consultant at HybrIT Services. You can contact me using contact@veenstra.me.uk.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: