Performance issues, pages are loading very slowly
One of my customers has been complaining that pages are loading very slowly in SharePoint 2013 site. Today I investigated this and I found the following Critical error in my ULS logs:
A certificate validation operation took 15002.1773 milliseconds and has exceeded the execution time threshold. If this continues to occur, it may represent a configuration issue. Please see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=246987 for more details.
I then found this article (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2625048)
Yes my customer has proxy settings configured in their environment. So I might be lucky. I chose to go for option 1 as I don’t like disabling things. There is a reason why things are put in place.
I first create my certificate:
$rootCert = (Get-SPCertificateAuthority).RootCertificate $rootCert.Export("Cert") | Set-Content C:\SharePointRootAuthority.cer -Encoding byte
So now I have my SharePoint root certificate.
- Tap or click Start, type mmc in Start search, and then press Enter
- On the File menu, click Add/Remove Snap-in.
- Under Available snap-ins, click Certificates, and then click Add.
- Under This snap-in will always manage certificates for, select Computer account, and then click Next.
- Select Local computer, and then click Finish.
- In the console tree, double-click Certificates.
- Right-click the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store.
- Click All Tasks, click Import to import the certificate, and then follow the steps in the Certificate Import Wizard.
Now I’m loading my site again and things are a lot faster.